Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hainanese Fish Maw with Pineapple海南鱼鳔伴凤梨

Believe it my dear friends!    This is my 1st post for year 2015!   I am involving few charity events lately as a way to return to society and help the needy in a small way.  Hope to share my experience on social charitable responsibilities in my future posts.

This dish was prepared in early March 15.  And I promised a friend Patricia to share the recipe!  She must have ran out of patients!  Patricia my sincere apology.   

This is a typical  must have Hainanese dish that my late mother in law used to prepared during all the Chinese festivals!   One of the ingredients she used is the dry pig skin, but instead I subsitute it with fish maw and is taste as good.  










Hainanese Fish Maw with Pineapple海南鱼鳔伴凤梨 
Ingredients
100 gms of Fish Maw soak and cut into pieces  (I substitute pig skin with fish maw)
½ pineapple cut into pieces
1 Big onion -  clean and cut into quarters
2 cloves garlic – minced
3 slices of ginger
1 small pc of rock sugar
1 red chili – slice into pcs
1 tabsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of chili sauce
1 tbsp of vinegar/Lemon juice
Salt to taste

Method


  1. Heat oil in wok add ginger, garlic and  big onion,  and in rock sugar sauté till sugar dissolve and aromatic.
  2. Add in fish maw, stir fry a while add in the oyster sauce, and ½ cup of water, continue stir fry. 
  3. Add in pineapple pieces, vinegar, chili and chili sauce.  Add in the salt to taste cook till gravy almost dry up  and dish out. 
  4. Serve hot with rice.  

HAPPY COOKING 

1

No comments:

Post a Comment