Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Cottony Cinnamon Cheesecake

Lately, most of my bakes,  cinnamon powder is one if the ingredients I used.    Guess I really love the aroma of cinnamon added in  my bakes.  Join me for a cinnamon baking spree as more with cinnamon to come.  Stay tuned! 

My previous posts with cinnamon are namely Simple Apple Cake and  Simple Carrot Cake.  These cakes are simple, quick and easy to bake.  Do give it a try.  

Recipe of this Light cinnamon Cheesecake is adapted from  Dessert's Temptation by wendy's delights.  I double the amount of the ingredients to make 2 7inch square cake for my family and my brother's family.   If I were to bake the amount of cinnamon powder have to be reduce, as we find the aroma of cinnamon is too strong. 







Recipe source from Dessert's Temptation with some modification in red.

Ingredients

60ml milk
120 cream cheese
30gm butter
20 gm superfine flour  (I used plain flour)
20 gm cornflour (I used 15gms)
10 gm ground cinnamon  ( should reduce to 5 gms as I find it 10gm is too much and will  over powered the aroma of cheese)
4 eggs yolks

4 egg white
50 gm sugar (I used 40 gms)
1/4 tsp salt  (I omitted)


  1. Heat butter, milk and cream cheese in a metal bowl over a hot water bath.  whisk until lump-free.
  2. Add egg yolks and combine
  3. stir in sifted superfine flour, corflour and cinnamon.
  4. in a separate bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. add sugar and salt.  Keep beating at medium speed until soft peaks formed.

  5. Fold half of the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.  Stir gently.  fold in the rest of the egg white.
  6. Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin lined with baking paper.  Bake in water bath at 150ºfor 50 minutes.



I double the ingredients to bake 2  7 X 7 inches cakes.







 Milk, butter and cream cheese


Sieved Flour Mixture -   Flour, cornflour and cinnamon powder



Double boil method to melt the cream cheese, butter and milk
 Fold in the flour mixture



 



This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! This is a lovely light cheesecake and I can literally smell the cinnamon! I also love the smell of cinnamon especially when combined with banana or apples. Thumbs up for a fragrant cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PH, me too love the aroma of cinnamon, next will be banana cake with cinnamon! Yay!

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine, so this is a cinnamon version of the Japanese cheesecake? I love cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,

    I can see that your cottony cheesecake with cinnamon is so soft and fluffy... Can't detect any smell here but I know it must really really good!!!

    Hope that your daughter is doing well for Melbourne winter now. Did she came back to Malaysia for the recent holidays? At least, the weather is warming up now as Spring is coming :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, cinnamon blend in perfectly with apple and banana cake as mentioned by PH! My girl is trying to adapt the life in Melbourne. She will only be back to Malaysia during Dec. break.

      Delete
  4. Never try cinnamon in any dish. But I'm wondering how it taste like with this unique combination. I think I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, should give it a go, and u will love it if u like cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete