Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Royal Chicken 貴妃鸡




 A simple and easy to prepare dish for the family.  Hubby, my youngest daughter Tammie and I are chicken lovers.  We love to eat chicken,  especially the Kampung Chicken (Farm chicken).  We prefer plain steamed chicken ( steamed with few pieces of Tong Kwai, chinese cooking wine and Kei Chi).
  But my second daughter Pearly used to love chicken but don't know since when she dislike chicken except chicken ' masak merah'  (chicken prepared with chilli sambal the Malaysian famous cuisine).  Therefore I only steamed chicken for dinner whenever Pearly is not home for dinner.

This recipe was adapted from Day Day cook whereby I have make some alternation to suit my family's taste bud!

Ingredients:

½ chicken (I used farm chicken )

A bunch of leek or green onions

A few slices of ginger

1 cup of coarse salt (I used slightly less than 1/2 cup)

1 liter of water (I used water just enough to cover the chicken)
Few slices of tong Kwai

1 tablespoon of sesame oil

Method

  1.  Wash and dry the chicken, keep at room temperature.
  2.  Cut the leek / green onions & ginger into large pieces. .
  3.  Bring a pot of water to a boil , add the coarse salt, leek & ginger. Cook for 1/2 hour  on medium high heat.
  4. Add the chicken into the boiling pot of broth, (make sure the water is enough to cover the entire chicken turn to low heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the chicken sit in the hot broth with lid covered (do not open the lid at this stage) for 30 minutes.
  5. After the 30 minute hot bath, remove chicken from the broth. Drain well. Brush on a layer of sesame oil right before serving! 
Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment